Since 1974, the Boys & Girls Clubs of
Coachella Valley has helped hundreds of families send their children to
college. Our program is significant in that it is a renewable award. Once a
student is on our program they are then eligible for continued funding
throughout their college education.
Today, the Boys & Girls Clubs of
Coachella Valley collaborates with the Coachella Valley Economic Partnership’s
Pathways to Success scholarship program. This partnership has doubled the
amount of individual scholarships due to matching funds the Pathways to Success
program provides. One year scholarships Community College can be up to $2,500.
University scholarships can be up to $5,000. Only Members of the Boys & Girls Clubs Valley may specifically apply for a BGC of CV Scholarship.
To be considered specifically for a Boys & Girls Clubs of Coachella Valley Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member who is currently, or has been, an active participant in
programs at one of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Coachella Valley’s
clubhouses: Indio, La Quinta, Coachella, Mecca or Desert Hot Springs.
- You must include an essay discussing your involvement with the Boys
& Girls Clubs of Coachella Valley.
- You must include a letter of recommendation from the unit director
of the Boys & Girls Club that you attend.
- You or your parents must have been permanent residents of the
Coachella Valley over the past 3 years.
- You must be a California high school graduate.
- You must apply for
federal financial aid using the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
(FAFSA) : www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you are ineligible to complete the FAFSA,
you must complete the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) financial
aid application: www.calgrants.org.
- You must demonstrate
financial need (as identified by academic institutions and FAFSA or the
California Student Aid Commission).
- You must be applying as an undergraduate at an accredited college,
university, or academic institution in the U.S.
- You must have a high school GPA of 2.0 or above, and meet
college/university academic requirements for admissions and continued
- You must be enrolled full-time and maintain full-time enrollment
status (as defined by academic institutions).
- You must submit a copy of
their 2015-2016 Student Aid Report (SAR) from the FAFSA or the California
Aid Report (CAR) from CSAC.
You will be expected to sign a contract with
CVEP's Pathways to Success program involving you in scheduled leadership
events, mentoring, workshops, and web based interactions. For more information about additional scholarship opportunities through the Pathways to Success Program, go to www.cvpts.com